9.27.2007

Brazil Beats U.S., Advances to Finals

Well, I was thinking in the shower this morning that today would be a great one for YouTube clips. My proposed theme? Women in hardcore punk that I've admired over the years. Well, turns out that's hard to come by via YouTube. For instance, check this one:



Okay, great audio, right? But yeah, no real thrill, no "pop."

So let's nix the women screaming day. Or at least for now. I will add metal to this list and will hopefully be much more successful.

THE BRAZILIANS BEAT THE UNITED STATES 4-0 TODAY TO ADVANCE TO THE WWC FINALS.

This is wildly devasting news for some. Not for me. But it is a little for my dad and Karin. Yeah, I can't stop smiling, though. I hate the idea of the Brazilians touching my Germans, but I'll get over it. I think the Germans can pull through if they come out strong from the get go.

Also, Karin should be hired as head coach of the U.S. national women's soccer team. Her recipe for success today was as follows, and I quote:

1. Leave Solo in.
2. 4 in the midfield.
3. Start Tarpley.

None of this happened. U.S. goes home disgraced.

So, well, I'll just sign off now, perched high upon my lofty cloud, with only a small handful of photos from the disaster. And a good day to you, too.



No comments: