9.25.2007

For Meg, For Collin, For the Guy on MySpace

Hi everyone! Angela here. Mark this date as Silly Blog Entry Day, and here's to hoping it's a good one, with my spirited attempt to make this space less boring. BORING, as some would say--that "some" being someone in particular who I thought would NEVER take such a cheap shot. Cheap, I tell you!

Although this is best done in email—for a million and one reasons—here is my life in a tiny, tiny nutshell:

- I'm reading Moby Dick. It's really good!
- This is the first time I've written anything since August. Oh, wait! I did write one line down in my notebook and I'm not sure how to use it, but it goes a little something like this: "You are a mess in every room of the house." I have no idea where it came from, but the entry is dated, so I found it particularly pertinent on 8-15-07.
- I like this blog's title: "Faster Ones." This feeling is new to me.
- I think it's because NaNoWriMo is right around the corner.
- I keep calling the web browser Firefox "Foxfire," like the Joyce Carol Oates novel. Ha! I think it's funny! Remember the movie with Angelina Jolie and Jenny Shimizu? Of course you do!
- It feels like this is the first time I've had a moment to breathe at work. I'm taking advantage.
- Germany will win the Women's World Cup this Sunday.
- I have three jobs.
- I'm ready for bed.
- This is not Haiku.
- Germany: World Cup champions!
- I've decided to try to focus more on writing, despite having the absolute most fantastic distraction from it, in all her sexy wiles.
- I'd like to do this again tomorrow.

More later, pals. Love to you all!

Sincerely,

Your buddy Angela

For fun:

1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh, man, a blog dedicated to me! And double billing with Collin is, of course, an honor!

I'd just like to say, in my defense, that it was cheap but if not taken out of context it was sweet, no? Sweet.

Sometimes Joyce Carol Oates does it for me, sometimes she doesn't (and frankly, if you write as much as she does, there's no way to please all time!) But, she did it for me with firefox. Thanks for the memory.

NICE to hear from you.

Meg

PS note all lack of mention of NaNoWriMo in this comment.