8.27.2012

FIFA U-20 WWC: Canada Out, Proving That I Can't Pick Them to Save My Life

Can Team USA stop these girls? Oh, I don't think so.
What a beautiful goal by Christine Exeter, right? And then a defensive meltdown to allow the tie (and by meltdown, I mean retreat and watch, with only one challenge that came too late), and then the foul in the box, which booked Team Canada's plane ride home. Check it all out on the FIFA highlight reel. If you're anything like me, you'll need a tissue.

Oh, deep sigh on this end. That said, the quarterfinals, as mentioned earlier, have shaped up nicely:

Thursday 30 August 
Nigeria v Mexico
Japan v Korea Republic

Friday 31 August
Germany v Norway
Korea DPR v USA

Now, how about you? I'm liking Nigeria versus Japan and Germany versus Korea DPR in the semis. But, oh! Imagine the drama if Team USA meets the Germans again? Imagine!


No comments: